2017 saw the launch of our latest website for IMCA - a global membership organisation representing around 1,000 companies active in the offshore, marine and underwater engineering industry - renewing a relationship that saw iterations of their web presence from 1999 to 2013.
Using a base of WordPress - the leading web content management and development system that benefits from a global developer community with regularly security and funcionality updates - our work included:
- Preparation of a visual theme that implemented and enhanced existing IMCA design patterns and iconography
- Organisation and editing of a wealth of public promotional and information-type material, plus member-only areas for relevant materials
- Testing and setup of various third-party plugins to deliver additional functionality to the WordPress base, such as interactive forms and search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Development of custom plugins to enable staff to enter and publish a variety of content types
- Coding a custom interface with the specialist membership database, enabling secure login for member access and display of the member directory